Basement Hideout

Over the last 50 years there has been millions of musicians creating millions of albums many of which never actually made it out to the masses. Often times the few copies that did get released end up in the basement of local thrift and record stores never to be heard again. In some cases that's a good thing but, whoever made that music did so because they wanted to share it with people. I want to give some of those artists a second chance. I hope you will enjoy what I post on this blog for what it is.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sweet Lou

Lou Donaldson- Sweet Lou (Out of Print Blue Note)

This is one of my favorite Lou Donaldson records and I'm happy to share it here so that you can enjoy some awesome 70's blue note Jazz. There is a ton of info about Sweet Pappa Lou out on the net if you want to do further research. I just thought I would put this one up because I was jammin out this morning. You can't get this album on CD so you would have to go to your local used record store to find it. Some of the songs are available on various compilations that have since been put together. Enjoy!

Click on this link for the goods!!! Peaz out!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you listening to the LP? Or the MP3?...I'd love to have an LP.

Maro said...

HOOOOOO!
thanks for this one it's pretty rare..
damn good blog too

thanks