Basement Hideout

Over the last 50 years there has been millions of musicians creating millions of albums many of which never actually made it out to the masses. Often times the few copies that did get released end up in the basement of local thrift and record stores never to be heard again. In some cases that's a good thing but, whoever made that music did so because they wanted to share it with people. I want to give some of those artists a second chance. I hope you will enjoy what I post on this blog for what it is.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Danny Holien Who?

Gooooo Goodwill!
So no...I don't have the full LP (as the picture suggests)but, I managed to find a 45 single at Goodwill for $0.69 that has the tracks "Colorado" and "Red Wing." I'm not gonna lie I kinda like both tunes. Both of the tracks have a folk/rock vibe that spured some head bobbing while recording them. Danny's voice totally reminded me of one of my personal fav's from the same genre, Mr. Terry Reid.

The full self titled album and the 45 single were both released on the short lived Colorado label, Tubmleweed Records Inc, which has some very interesting history. I managed to dig up a site where someone went through the trouble of documenting it all. If you feel like reading about it you can click here. According to the site Holien moved on to start a band called Midwest. I lost interest searching for info about them but, if you really dig his style then that should be the next step in your search. Enjoy!

Click here for the goods!

No comments: