Basement Hideout

Over the last 50 years there has been millions of musicians creating millions of albums many of which never actually made it out to the masses. Often times the few copies that did get released end up in the basement of local thrift and record stores never to be heard again. In some cases that's a good thing but, whoever made that music did so because they wanted to share it with people. I want to give some of those artists a second chance. I hope you will enjoy what I post on this blog for what it is.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Funkin Funky!

Quazar- (self titled)

Today's goods are product of a request from a friend. He asked for some 70's funk. I picked this up near the end of college thinking it would be a good party record. It got a little love but not nearly as much as it deserves.

I don't know much about Quazar and honestly I don't think there is much to say other then that it kicks major funkin ass. I have read that it was a side project of Glenn Goins (singer and guitarist in Parliment Funkadelic) and Jerome Brailey. There was a 7" release of "Funk 'n' Roll" but, as for other albums I haven't been able to find any.

I'm not really a huge P-Funk connoisseur so if you are reading this and I have it all wrong please feel free to leave a comment and clear things up. I have a lot of records that could go up on here so if you want to hear something specific to a style, let me know and I will see what I can muster up. Funk you, I'm outta here!

The goods!

No comments: